Posted by Navdeep Singh Dhillon
Many writers I know understand the basics of using twitter and compose tweets, but the one thing that eludes them is the use of hashtags, which look like this: #
Twitter is the easiest of all the social media to use, and the use of hashtags is a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. Here is a list of five hashtags that writers can use on twitter to let people know what you're up to, and also to widen your social circle. Often, people will look up particular hashtags and may connect with you through an interesting tweet you've composed.
FIVE HASHTAGS FOR WRITERS
- #amwriting: if you're in the middle of writing something, use it.
- #amediting: editing your piece is sometimes much harder than the actual writing!
- #askagent: this is a wonderful way to pose questions about the publishing and agent process, where agents will answer questions they find using this hashtag.
- #fictionfriday: this is a fun hashtag, which is essentially just to write anything fiction related on a friday.
- #chapterchallenge: to show you how versatile twitter is, I've included a hashtag I just made up to get people to join me on twitter in writing chapters of their novel.
Here's a link to a more detailed account of how to join the Chapter Challenge on twitter:http://ow.ly/ms3UZ
The New York Institute of Career Development offers two great home-study courses, one blogging course and one writing course. Learn more about our courses and get your Free Course Catalog on our website.